When someone discloses experiencing sexual, domestic or family violence, your response is critical to their recovery and decisions about what to do next.
Making a disclosure of violence is challenging but you can support someone by referring them on to appropriate services.
This program supports individuals to form a framework to provide a compassionate and supportive response to survivors of trauma.
Open the door to referral pathways and support services
Full Stop Australia’s Responding with Compassion e-learning course is designed to assist anyone who may receive disclosures of trauma. The program supports individuals to form a framework to provide a compassionate and supportive response to survivors of trauma.
This interactive online workshop will provide individuals with:
- A deeper understanding of sexual and domestic violence in Australia (through statistics and key definitions)
- Look at the myths and realities of this violence and understand how these act as barriers for reporting
- Understand the societal and individual impacts of sexual assault and domestic/family violence
- Learn how to support someone who has experienced violence by becoming a tell-able person
- Receive information about state-based support services and vicarious trauma
This program is self-directed. Participants can exit and resume their place at any time provided they resume using the same device.
A printable certificate of participation is provided upon successful completion and an evaluation report for organisations.
Enrolling as an individual:
- $70.00 + GST per person
- Click here for enrolment instructions (PDF 218kb). Link will open in a new tab
Enrolling multiple users:
Use the form on the right side of your screen to inquire about enrolling multiple users.
|Duration||Enrollment duration||Appropriate for|
|45-60 minutes (approximately)||30 days||Anyone who is working with those who have experienced trauma|
Responding with Compassion (e-learning) is proudly funded by the Pinnacle Charitable Foundation.
You may also be interested in:
This workshop helps leaders understand how power can be misused in the workplace, develop strategies to promote gender equality, drive and foster cultural change.
We provide tailored, actionable solutions to help organisations maintain cultures of safety and respect.