Full Stop Australia offers volunteers opportunities throughout all areas of our organisation. Our student placement program provides an opportunity for psychology, social work, legal and research students to develop their knowledge and skills.
Links to current volunteering opportunities are below.
Current volunteer opportunities:
What you will do during a counselling services placement:
As a student on placement at Full Stop Australia, you will undertake a range of learning opportunities, which may include:
- Undertaking telephone and online counselling;
- Undertaking psychometric assessments and intake assessments;
- Undertaking risk assessment as part of standard client contact protocols, including child protection and risk of harm assessments;
- Formulating and implementing therapeutic plans;
- Working with clients from a range of age groups, cultural backgrounds and socio-economic situations;
- Participating in clinical review meetings, staff meetings and regular professional development workshops and training events;
- Developing skills in writing case notes and report writing.
If this learning opportunity sounds interesting to you, you'll need to have the following skills and qualifications:
- Minimum three years (full-time equivalent) counselling experience. This may include face-to-face, and/or telephone, and/or online counselling.
- A degree in psychology/social work or undergraduate bachelor’s degree plus undertaking a Masters’ in Social Work (Qualifying).
Counselling Services placements will be advertised above when they are available. If you're interested in learning more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Our counsellors sometimes provide callers with information on abortion or how to access the morning after pill. Please consider whether you hold any personal values that may impact on your ability to complete the work placement before submitting your application.