What you will do during a counselling services placement:
As a student on placement at Full Stop Australia, you will undertake a range of learning opportunities, which may include:
- Undertaking telephone and online counselling
- Undertaking psychometric assessments and intake assessments
- Undertaking risk assessment as part of standard client contact protocols, including child protection and risk of harm assessments
- Formulating and implementing therapeutic plans
- Working with clients from a range of age groups, cultural backgrounds and socio-economic situations
- Participating in clinical review meetings, staff meetings and regular professional development workshops and training events
- Developing skills in writing case notes and report writing
Our counselling services placements are open to those who have:
- Minimum three years (full-time equivalent) counselling experience, including face-to-face, telephone, and/or online counselling.
- A degree in psychology or social work, or an undergraduate bachelor’s degree and are undertaking a Masters’ in Social Work (Qualifying).
For more info, please contact our office.
PLEASE NOTE: Our counsellors sometimes provide callers with information on how to access abortion or the emergency contraceptive pill. Please consider whether you hold any personal values that may impact on your ability to complete the work placement before submitting your application.